RETURN TO FRONT PAGE ACTORS PORTAL DIRECTORS PORTAL CLASSES AND COACHING TO SUBSCRIBE OR RENEW
SO, YOU REALLY WANT TO BE AN ACTOR
Print out this list of questions. Take your time answering .
Put them up on your refrigerator. Check back once a month to see what changes.
1. Why do I want to be an actor?
2. Do I read plays? Screenplays?
3. Do I know what makes an interesting story that would interest an audience?
4. Do I know how to create an interesting character that would interest an audience?
5. Do I go to the theatre to see acting in action?
6. Do I study acting?
7. Do I have a great headshot?
8. Do I know what makes a really good headshot?
9. What can I offer an industry already saturated and inundated with new faces?
10. What is truly exceptional about me?
11. What traits to I have that no one else has?
12. Do I know my casting type?
13. Do I have at least 4 monologues that show off my range that I can do at theatre auditions if requested? Do I know the audition formulas?
14. Am I prepared for cold readings?
15. Do I have really great interview skills?
16. What is my five year plan toward meeting my goals in show business?
17. What is my ten year plan toward meeting my goals in show business?
18. What else could I do with my life?
19. Am I just another pretty face, a one hit wonder?
20. Can I handle rejection really well?
21. Am I ready for prime-time?
If you're not sure, take a class and find out!